Thursday, April 11, 2013

GOLF COURSE WEB SITE MISTAKES

GOLF COURSE WEB SITES

I am told by Internet marketing experts (I have a close personal relationship with a web site expert) that web sites today need to be designed to get to business - the sale - as quickly as possible. Too much 'razzle-dazzle' slows down load time, which is the cardinal sin of the web sites these days. Slow loading web sites lose impact!

A web site needs to be somewhat the way a newspaper news story reads: It answers the 5-W's in the first paragraph. Who What, Where, When, Why. Then the story follows. I believe the first glimpse of a golf course web site should answer 'What, Where' first - with address and phone number clearly visible at the top of the page (because that's where your eyes look first).  

Read my article at the Golfmak web site: http://golfenomics.bizland.com/golfcoursewebsitemistakes.html.

I know I am adamant that golf courses need to broadcast advertise as well as networking, but a web site is a first impression for many new customers. Fast loading, easy navigation, and easy and fast to make a purchase should be the goal of your web site today.

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment